With today’s episode, we begin a series of on-air coaching sessions between business owners and executive coach David Quick. To get the series rolling, we start off with a session between Mr. Quick and ourselves– Jeremy and McKenzie Goodrich, the owners of Shine Insurance. Like many businesses, our company is at a crossroads. The question at the center of Shine’s crossroads is this: How do we strategically scale our business for future growth and success?
Scratch Entrepreneur’s Crossroads podcasts are concerned with examining a specific growth point for our guests. For the first half of each episode, David and Jeremy ask guests a set of thoughtful questions about this growth point. The goal here is to get to the heart of the actual factors that are involved in a given business’s future growth. The second half of each episode is dedicated to finding solutions. For each guest, David will suggest the three next steps that a business should take and describe the outcomes that he sees arising from them.
Just like always, we’re so glad that you joined us this week!
This episode centers on one big question: How should you scale your business?
This week’s topics include:
- Introduction to the Crossroads format and David Quick (00:45)
- Shine Insurance, who are they and what do they do? (4:00)
- Mindset for hitting expectations (7:30)
- What does thriving mean to Shine? (9:20)
- Where is Shine not thriving? (12:15)
- What Jeremy and McKenzie enjoy about their roles at Shine (17:15)
- Challenges and concerns of bringing on employees (21:30)
- Who is the ideal candidate? (29:20)
- The Hiring Process (36:30)
Mentioned in the episode:
Special thanks to Jeremy and McKinzie for being willing to pull back the curtains and share this business crossroads.
And, of course, a huge thank you to David Quick for offering his time and expertise. You can find David and many of his resources at HELPINGBULLS.COM
Contributors to this episode include:
If you enjoyed this podcast, there are a few things we’d like you to do right away:
- SUBSCRIBE to Scratch Entrepreneur on itunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts
- While you’re there, please REVIEW the show
- SHARE with friends
- Finally, please, JOIN the Scratch Entrepreneur Facebook Group
More great stories & information at: