There’s nothing more valuable to running a profitable business than being yourself. This might not have been true fifty years ago–when molding yourself to established norms was how you succeeded– but it definitely is today. Today, authenticity is everything. You don’t have to be polished or perfect to succeed in business, but you do have to be for real.
The work of today’s guest goes right to the heart of authenticity. Karin Drummond is an analyst, a healer, and a medicine woman of sorts. She’s trying to steer an industry away from the abyss of greed and abuse and back toward helping us live happier, healthy lives. Karin Drummond is a chiropractor, which I’ve recently learned means many different things. But to her, it’s actually quite simple. She considers it her to duty to both fix AND prevent catastrophe.
During our conversation, she shares the story of what set her on the path toward medicine. She also discusses what’s wrong with medicine in the United States today. Fortunately, she also shares some simple steps we can take to live a stronger, healthier life. In the end, she wants to help us set mind, body, and spirit into, well, the proper alignment.
We’re glad you joined us today.
Topics in today’s episode include:
- Growing up in British Columbia (6:00)
- The two schools of thought in chiropractic care (9:00)
- The patient experience at Karin’s practice (12:00)
- Success stories (14:30)
- Why do we react instead of prevent? (21:00)
- Changes Karin would make to improve our healthcare (24:00)
- Health insurance (27:20)
- Types of pain (30:00)
- What happens when you get an adjustment? (37:00)
- Is cracking your knuckles bad? (38:30)
- Starting a business (41:00)
- The hiring process (46:00)
Special thanks to Karin Drummond for taking the time to share the Drummond Chiropractic story with us today.
Contributors to this episode include:
If you enjoyed this podcast, there are a few things we’d like you to do right away:
- SUBSCRIBE to Scratch Entrepreneur on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you listen to podcasts
- While you’re there, please REVIEW the show
- SHARE with friends
- Finally, please, JOIN the Scratch Entrepreneur Facebook Group
Until next time, we truly appreciate you listening.
More great stories & information at: