Our guest today is Adam Carswell, a real estate entrepreneur, and social media expert. In this episode, we dive deep into the second pillar of the REI Clarity Framework, making connections. We talk about the 5 most effective ways of networking in commercial real estate, the importance of a team, and how to be consistent in your work.
If you want to elevate your networking game, then don’t miss out on this episode!
Learn more about Adam and his journey at reiclarity.com!
“Find a place to get your education first. It is a skill within itself because there are so many people offering things”
Adam grew up in Ohio. After his master’s degree, he moved to Washington DC, where he fell in love with real estate investing. He started as a realtor but then moved to the commercial real estate space.
Adam’s advice is to always focus on your education.
“Your name is your most valuable asset, so you have to market yourself on a daily basis. You’re definitely leaving a lot of opportunities on the table by not properly promoting yourself.”
Adam shares his 5 most effective ways to build commercial real estate connections.
- Network face to face. Go to your local meetups and RIAs. If you can’t go in person, then conferences and online meetups are a good place to start. This is a great way to build connections, but also to educate yourself.
- Get educated. You can start with books and podcasts. Many times the podcasters have a course or a coaching program too.
- Be active on Linkedin.
- Make sure your profile pops. A good profile picture and header are crucial.
- Be yourself
- Connect to groups who have a similar story as you.
- Leverage your personal connections. Everyone has at least one real estate person they know. Try to make a connection with them first. If you don’t have one, then use paid mentors.
- Publish content regularly. Blogging, Youtube, writing articles, or being active on social media are necessary for building connections. Always talk about something you’re passionate about or an expert in, and make sure to be consistent for years.
“When delegating your tasks you have to be willing to experiment until you find the right person for you.”
At the end of the episode, Adam picks action steps from the REI Clarity Framework that are the most valuable for him. These are the “Build Your Team” and “Establish Your Mentors”.
Building a team is crucial for the success of a company. According to Adam, building a team is a skill that every entrepreneur has to master. Delegating tasks can be difficult at the beginning of your journey but it saves a lot of time and money eventually.
Mentioned in the show:
- His LinkedIn
- Dream Chasers Podcast
- The REI Clarity Framework
Learn how to grow your portfolio and reach incredible success the right way! Visit us here for everything you need to know: www.shineinsurance.com/reiclarity.
Special thanks to Adam Carswell for taking the time to share so many great insights with us
If you enjoyed this podcast, there’s a couple of things we need you to do right now:
· SUBSCRIBE to REI Clarity on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts
· While your there, please RATE & REVIEW the show
· SHARE with friends
· Finally, please, JOIN the REI Clarity Facebook Group
Then, please share the show with whoever you think it will inspire.
Until the next time, We truly appreciate you listening.
Need the REI Insurance Guy?
More great stories & information at:
Youtube – Blog – Podcast
Show produced by Eni Horvath